Off late, we have been going through all our cookbooks for inspiration and have come across some absolute gems! One such gem is the ‘White Chocolate and Cornflakes Cookies’ from Pooja Dhingra’s first book – The Big Book Of Treats.
The original recipe from the book calls for eggs but, since some of our friends have given up non-veg for lent, we’ve adapted it and made it eggless.
White Chocolate and Cornflakes Cookies
150g Castor Sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
100g White Chocolate
* Spread the cornflakes onto a baking tray and bake at 165 degrees for about 8 minutes. We know that this might be a step most people would skip, but we strongly recommend doing it to ensure your cornflakes stay nice and crisp even in the cookie.
* In the meantime, whisk together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence and give it a good mix.
* Fold the flour and baking powder through the mixture. Make sure that you don’t do it too fast or else the dough may split.
* Chop up the white chocolate into small chunks.
* Fold them into the dough, along with the cooled cornflakes.
* Place spoonful’s of the dough onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
* Making sure you leave space in between since the cookies spread a little bit.
* Bake at 170C for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies are crisp, and have some colour.
We guarantee you these cookies will be some great treats to serve guests! People at our workplace went absolutely ga-ga over them!