About a month ago, we came across a sponsored post on Instagram for Kisano India and were drawn as soon as we saw their beautiful, ripe Heirloom tomatoes. We knew instantly we had to get our hands on their produce. After signing up on their website, we were told we’d be informed as soon as they started selling to the public (at the time they only catered to restaurants and such).
As a part of their soft launch, we managed to get our hands on Kisanos amazing discover box, full of some insanely fresh produce. Be sure to check out our Instagram stories (highlighted on our profile) to see it all.
Now we had a lot of produce and the only next obvious thing to do was to try them all in different dishes, and that’s how we decided to make…
Shrimp Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Genovese Basil and Fennel
Pasta of your choice, we used spaghetti
* Marinate the shrimp in a mix of chili powder and salt.
* The cooking time for this would depend on the type & brand you choose. (Instructions are almost always on the packet)
* While the pasta cooks away, half the cherry tomatoes and set aside.
* In a sauté pan, heat some olive oil and fry off the shrimp.
*You do not want the shrimp to be fully cooked, just a bit under. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
* In the same pan, heat a bit more oil and add fennel seeds. Once the seeds begin to splutter, add the halved cherry tomatoes.
* Give the cherry tomatoes about a minute, and add about two tablespoons of water.
* Let the tomatoes soften. Ideally when you press down with a wooden spoon, they should ooze easily.
* Add pasta to the pan.
* Tear a few leaves of fresh basil and mix into the tomatoes.
*Add the shrimp, let it cook for about a minute and you’re good to go!
We also used Kisanos Curly Kale to make Kale Chips. Do not forget to check out highlights to see the recipe: https://www.instagram.com/everythingonaplate/