Put your hand up if you decided to go healthy this new year! We did too…. But 7 days in and we have failed… miserably. So, on one fine craving filled evening, we decided to whip up something healthy.
The night before, we went to the movies to watch ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ and as we were walking away with our extra-large tub of Cheese & Caramel Popcorn, we saw the American corn cart and were totally second guessing our choice of movie munchies. Thus, our healthy craving solution had to be hogging on some warm, juicy corn!
This simple, yet yummy, corn salad works perfectly as a light evening dinner, movie time snack or packed lunch for work.
Corn & Mint Salad
Garlic, fine chopped
Red chilies, finely sliced
* Begin by making a dressing for the salad.
* In a bowl, whisk together some honey, lemon juice, olive oil, and chili sauce.
* Take some olive oil in a pan & fry the chilies and garlic until golden brown.
* Add, to the pan, the boiled corn and give it a good toss. You could use un-boiled corn, but we always found that the salad feels too dry, even with the dressing.
* Once the corn has heated through, add the dressing to the pan gradually. You could make a large batch of the dressing and stash it away for the future like we did, which would make whipping this salad up so much easier. We recommend adding the dressing little by little until you find the taste just right.
* Chop up some mint leaves and mix some through the salad.
The salad tastes great warm but works well cold as well. The best part about it is the mixture of spicy and sweet notes and juicy texture… aaaannnndddddd it’s healthy!