“The wonderful world of home appliances now makes it possible to cook indoors
with charcoal and outdoors with gas.”
What would we do without Kitchen Appliances? No, really…. What would we do without a little help from a mixer, a microwave, a fridge? They make our lives so much easier. With a click of a button and a little power, they help us create magic in our kitchens.
About a year ago, we received a huge box from Maharaja Whiteline with two of their breakfast products – Panini Sandwich Maker and; Viva Pop Up Toaster. We couldn’t think of a better way to review them than to get busy cooking!
Panini Sandwich Maker
When we saw the box, we assumed the grill would be a heavy piece of machinery. To our surprise, the grill was sleek, shiny, light and quite gorgeous! Our mind was racing with ideas of what to make, Sandwiches, Paninis, Grilled veggies… and then we decided to go with a quick-fix dessert that we would like to call the…
EOAP Chocolate Marshmallow Melt
Maida / All purpose flour
Thick Chocolate Spread
* Begin by beating the heavy cream with a dash of vanilla essence.
* In another bowl, mix the Maida, Cornstarch, Powdered Sugar and Powdered Cinnamon together
and then add to it the beaten mix.
* Fold the mixture to form the dough and let it sit for half an hour in the bowl covered with plastic wrap.
* After the dough has rested well, make small dough balls. The dough will be a bit sticky.
* Once heated, place a ball of dough inside the grill and shut it well. Keep an eye
on the red light on top of the grill.
* The large grill plates can easily accommodate two dough balls at a time but begin with one.
* As soon as the light is out, open the grill with its easy grip handle and
remove the biscuit with a soft plastic spatula
* Make sure you cut / shape it as soon as possible or the biscuit will harden and break.
* Lather the biscuit on one side with a generous layer of thick chocolate spread.
* Prop a Marshmallow on a skewer and touch it up a bit. Since our blow torch
was out of gas we took a bit of help
from the stove. Let the Marshmallow caramelize well before taking it off the flame.
* Be careful while transferring the marshmallow from the skewer to the chocolate covered biscuit !
( use a prong ).
* If you want you can add a nice cold scoop of ice cream to enjoy it even more.
(A huge thank you to Kelly Senyei for the inspiration of this recipe)
After treating ourselves to our little-grilled bites, It was time to clean up…. **ugh**.
What we were worried about the most was scraping off the bits of biscuit stuck on the plates.
Much to our surprise every one of the stuck bits came with a light tap of our rubber spatula. The non-stick coating sure does live up to its name.
StorageThe grill is sleek and slim, perfect to store away anywhere! Its light body is even easy to carry. We would even
consider carrying it on our trips to have nice grilled sandwiches or grilled omelets with our morning coffees.
* Easy grip handles
* Non-stick &; large plates
* Non-skid feet
* Elegant design
* Possibility of grilling bread to veggies & even meat
* Quick heating time
Now we have used the Maharaja Whiteline Panini Grill quite a few times but not at much at their pop up toaster!