Baked Fish with Lemon & Garlic
For the Fish
Garlic, finely chopped
Red chili powder
Any white fish, filleted
For the Curd Dip
For the Couscous Salad
* In a bowl, whisk together some lemon juice and olive oil. Add garlic and chives to the mix and set aside.
* Take a plate & mix together the flour, some salt, cumin powder, chili powder, and coriander powder. We only added the coriander powder for a little extra flavour, but it’s completely fine if you choose not to add it.
* First dip the fish in the lemon and olive oil mixture, covering it evenly and proceed to coat it in the flour mixture.
* We’ve used a grill pan for this step so you get those beautiful char lines, but using a regular pan works well.
* You’ll just get a smooth, crisp skin on the fish instead. All you want to do is let the fish sear to get some colour.
* In a bowl, again, mix together some lemon juice, olive, garlic, and chives.
* Once crisp, place the fish on an oven proof pan, add the mix to it, and pop it into the oven for about 10 minutes at 180C or until the fish is cooked through.
* And your fish is ready to dig into!
The sides are pretty much optional. Our hunger pangs doubled when we saw the fish fillet baking and so we decided to add something to our meal very quickly. So, we paired the fish with a simple couscous salad and curd dip.
* For the curd dip we simply mixed in some chopped chives and salt.
* As for the couscous salad, add hot water to some couscous in a 1:1 ratio with a dollop of butter. Keep the couscous covered for about 5 minutes or until the couscous has cooked through. We kept the flavours simple for the salad. Just mix in some chili powder, cumin powder, and salt and you’re good to go!