60 minutes of being C. Auguste Dupin or Sherlock is what TAE ( The Amazing Escape ) is all about. You divided into a team of two or more players, locked in a room of your choice are expected to escape by solving a number of clues hidden around you … or some even in plain sight! TAE has five theme rooms, five different mysteries, tons of clues to get you in super sleuth mode in your race against time.
When we decided to take on our challenge, we bumped into many of our crazy blogger friends! The sheer turnout convinced us that these were going to be 60 minutes of crazy fun.
We had to wait a while for the game rooms to get free but none of us minded it much. The waiting room kept all of us busy as we clicked boomerangs and pictures with the goofy goggles, props … which went on for quite a while.
We were all divided into teams based on the maximum capacity each room could hold. Our team, chosen to enter ‘ The Tomb ’, had Deepak Krishnamurthi ( BikeBoozeChakna), Mihir Shah ( For the Love of Food), Nikhil Chaudhari ( imbevda ), Nisha Ganatra ( nishajg ) and her adorable little daughter Utkarsha.
( The comic strips below have just Deepak & Neha from our team because it was a mammoth task of getting everyone in every panel … We ain’t no illustrators ! )
Escaping the Tomb
“What goes on four feet in the morning, two feet at noon and three feet in the evening? ”, asked the Sphinx.
Just like Oedipus solved the Sphinx’s riddle to reach Thebes, we entered the room going over all the cliché crime solving tactics we have seen in the movies or on TV… probably even stuff from our nail biting Agatha Christie adventures to help us escape.
And just as we managed to get out of one room, we managed to find ourselves in another! Things were definitely not as they seemed.
For 60 minutes you shall be making your way through many different rooms, solving puzzles, searching for keys & clues… Well, let’s just say you are going to have no time to think about anything else at all.
In fact, it took us a while to realize we did escape from the room right before time. I was so excited, I was trying to talk my way into going into another game room.
Apart from The Tomb, the few other game room themes available were – Bank Heist, Illuminati, Prison Break and The Lost Kingdom…. some of which I plan on escaping from quite soon.
Even though I am itching to give away the solution to the room, I shall curb it by leaving you with a few tips to follow while trying to make your escape.
* Investigate – Feel, tug at, knock on, look under, look behind, look above, flip… basically, search every corner possible. I don’t mean break stuff apart, but make sure you check every corner thoroughly.
* Wear comfortable clothing – You may have to lay on the floor to check for something under a table or probably even slide down a chute! Make sure you wear something you are absolutely comfortable in.
* Hints – If you ever feel completely lost or unable to solve a puzzle, do not panic! Simply press the buzzer in the room and someone will be at your door within seconds with a hint.
* Everything is important – Right from a box of matchsticks to a bag of sand, make sure you keep every clue close to you, everything is important. To avoid wasting time, arrange all the clues / Puzzles as, you get them, on a table or the floor for easy access. For all you know, you may even need two / three together!
* Time – Keep your eyes on the TV screen to know the time you have left. It may seem like a lot of time in the beginning but time flies a bit too quickly in the room.
* Divide and conquer – Since you will be a team of two or more, make sure you search different parts of the rooms at all times as well as tackle different clues or different puzzles. Do not waste your time on one clue together, remember, you just have 60 minutes!
So, do you think you are up for a challenge? Then get your entourage together and make your big escape!
To book a game room or to know more : http://www.theamazingescape.in/mumbai/