Chocolate Frio Mousse
In the workshop, Chef Varun gave a twist to the Spanish dessert, Frio.
Now this recipe has two major parts to it, the Mousse & the Sesame Brittle.
400 gms condensed milk
200 gms unsweetened
200 gms mango puree
400 gms 70 % dark chocolate grated
400 gms whipped cream
* Roll-boil water in a deep pan. Immerse unopened cans of condensed milk.
*Cover and cook for 2 hours. You may have to keep adding water as it evaporates.
* Reserve the cooked condensed milk till the can cools down to manageable temperature.
* Open the can and scoop out the baked condensed milk into a bowl.
* Add mango puree to the same and heat the mixture till it just begins to simmer.
* Pour over grated chocolates and stir till the chocolates just about melts.
* Immerse a stick blender and blend till into a smooth homogeneous mixture.
* Fold in whipped cream and reserve over an ice bath constantly stirring till the mousse chills completely.
The Sesame brittle
200 gms castor sugar
25 gms toasted white sesame seeds
25 gms toasted black sesame seeds
* In a pan, heat castor sugar till golden brown in colour.
* Do not stir with a spoon while the sugar melts, but swirl the pan to help the process.
* Pour over a silpat.*Ensure the caramel spreads out evenly.
* Top each with toasted white and black sesame seeds.
* Allow to cool till it sets like a crisp brittle.* Once set, break it into pieces ! Be careful, the pieces can be quite sharp.
The Final Assembly
* 10-12 Brandy Snifter glasses
* 200 gms 70 % dark chocolate
* 200 gms whipped cream (medium peaks)
* Fresh fruits